About Us

My photo
A place for Chase's mission to Portland, Oregon to be written in history... his history at least.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

THINKING ABOUT ALI

I'm not sure that I know anyone more crazy or brave then Al. Fortunately she made it to Greece safe. However, that was not the end of our worries. Oh no. What we didn't know was that was only the beginning. When I spoke with the host mom I thought, "what a sweet lady! I'm so glad she's taking an interest in Ali and will take such good care of her." Hmm. Not quite what we thought. Maybe things will get better. I think that the experience is not turning out quite like she thought it would. However, as always, every experience can be for our good, even if it appears to be the opposite. The good in Ali's situation is that she is certainly learning to lean on Heavenly Father and will need to dig deep to feel him in her life right now. She is also being faced with the opportunities to stand up for what she believes in. I think that if she can stick with this experience, she will have grown up more in the next month than she has in the past 19 years. In the meantime, pray for Al. -- Lisa

No comments: