About Us

My photo
A place for Chase's mission to Portland, Oregon to be written in history... his history at least.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Why can't time stand still?

I'm thinking today about a lot of things. You know those days where your mind just keeps on going, jumping from thought to thought? I would love to freeze frame our life as it is right now. All of the kids are like mini adults. All of them have fun personalities and I'm enjoying being a mom but there's never enough time to enjoy it all. I think someone sped the clock up and it's going faster and faster.

Ali is leaving for Greece in 25 days, actually Brooke and I are driving her to Denver in 21 days and then she'll leave 4 days later. I'm amazed at the incredible goal that she set and has accomplished. I'm afraid to admit that deep down I didn't think it would really happen. I'm impressed and want to thank those that have contributed to her dream.

I am also thinking about:
Spring, fixing up our yard, fixing up our house (after 9 1/2 years, things are looking like they need fixing up) the blessing of work, the blessing of THREE new babies to our extended family, my darling next-door-neighbors (Lindsey and Ryan, our new bishop), Chase's constant singing love songs to me and the extra long hug he gave me this morning, Ali's best friend now married, listening to the sound of Tyler playing basketball and him announcing to me that he is going to run for senior class president (GO TY!), our busy busy lives right now and how I wouldn't change it for anything, the desire I have to learn charity, looking forward to conference weekend, the proud feeling I have about my dad and how good he's doing, my visit with my brother today, missing my mom, looking forward to summer and hopefully BOATING!, ...

I could go on and on. Life is good!



3 comments:

Ali and Dane said...

I'm so glad you agree with the hippie. life is good rock on mom

Elder Zachary Moffat said...

We sure love your family Lisa! We are so excited for the adventures that await Ali and Tyler would make the best Alta president ever! Chase keeps us smiling and Brooke is just so sweet! And we also love Duke too, I can't forget him! We are so lucky to have you as our neighbors! Life is good, its true and I am greatful for friends in my life like you guys who help remind me of the joys life has to offer us if we just recognize them and take time to enjoy!

mandy said...

boating?? Um, on what boat? yours?