About Us

My photo
A place for Chase's mission to Portland, Oregon to be written in history... his history at least.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pee Wee Herman

This post has nothing to do with Pee Wee Herman other than the fact that as I am typing this post, I am listening to Rick do a Pee Wee Herman imitation. It's entertaining.

The past week has been very busy. Last Friday I took the kids to the zoo - Ali, Tyler, Brooke, Chase, Marcela & Aron. My advice to you is don't go in the middle of the day. Not only is it extremely hot but the animals are also hot and sleepy. So, we saw either a lot of sleeping animals or what appeared to be empty cages because they were hiding in the shade. My thought on the zoo is have you ever thought about what a strange animal a giraffe is?

Tyler, Brooke, Chase, Ali, Aron, Marcela

Then on Saturday, we continued our 9 year tradition at attended the Draper Days Parade and the Rodeo that night. This has been one of my favorite things about living in Draper. Especially now that I don't have anything to do with the pageant or float. I love hanging out with our circle friends and the kids and just enjoying everything about the day. Everyone drives around on their four-wheelers or scooters. I have no idea where the police go for the day because it seems that there are none to be found.

The kids anxiously awaiting the candy. Forget about the floats and marching bands!

Finally, yesterday was a sad day. We had to say goodbye to our cute little Marcela and Aron. We absolutely loved these children. Aron reminded me what it's like to have a 3 year old living in the house. It will take me awhile to clean all of the finger prints off the walls, counters, windows, floors, bedding, toilet - you get the point. And Marcela was the sweetest little girl who just loved to give hugs - on her terms. I wish we could see where they will be in 10 years. Would be interesting. But they are the reason why we do shelter care.

Marcela (Aron is throwing one of his silent fits - so funny)
Aron



4 comments:

The Spaz Times said...

dad was doing a peewee herman imitation? :o

Aly Z said...

ha they are so cute!

Brittany said...

Cute pictures... cant wait till lex enjoys stuff like the zoo! Mitch and i have been married 3 year now! Crazy i know!

Ali and Dane said...

Funny fits. i think i will throw more of his kind of fits. pray my children throw the same kind