About Us

My photo
A place for Chase's mission to Portland, Oregon to be written in history... his history at least.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TIME FLIES

Seriously. Am I the only one that can't keep up? Okay, much has happened in the last couple of weeks so I'll just condense everything into a picture post and see if you can keep up with me.

This was from our family "staycation" this year. Even though it doesn't really show here what we did, I liked the pic. Look how tall Ty is getting!

This is one of the activities that we did that week. We went on a hot air balloon ride over Park City. This was on my list of things I wanted to do before I die. I was so excited I could hardly stand it and it definately met my expectations. The company that we went with is owned by my best friend, Angie, from high school so it made it even more fun to see her hubby after all these years. My Recommendation No. 1: For your next hot air balloon experience is to call Darin with http://www.morningstarballoons.com/


















We've been debating since last November whether or not we should buy a boat. Finally we decided we would just rent a boat for one weekend and see how it goes. Needless to say, we had a blast. However, it was very cold. Only the bravest of the brave got out in the cold water and wind, Rick, Tyler, Ali, Brooke, Chase and our cute nephew Spencer. So, that leaves me as the unbrave. . . No, I was just in charge of making sure everyone had towels and food and such. Also, I had to drive for Rick when he got out there! I would have been in the water if it had been 90 degrees and glass.

Recommendation no. 2 - rent a boat rather than buy one. No storage, no insurance payments, easy to just pick it up and drop it off!

This is Chase on the wakeboard.

Brookie showing that she's really no guts no glory.

Watch Chase in the background




My studly 17 year old Ty James. Nice hair Ty.















First date of school for Brooke (9th grade) and Chase (6th grade). Ty (senior) left too early for me to get his pic.




Every morning Emma (Brooke's crazy cat) goes downstairs to my craft room, opens the closet door, pulls out (with her teeth) a pipe cleaner, brings it upstairs and plays around with it for awhile. Then we noticed one day that she goes over to the oven and throws it under the oven when she is done playing with it. So the other morning I decided to see how many pipe cleaners were under the oven. There were 26. She wasn't very happy that the gig was up.

Recommendation No. 3: check under your oven if you have a cat. You never know what you will find.

These are our latest foster kids, Nicholas (8) and Katelynn (6). Lots of high energy!!!! But cute just the same.

Recommendation No. 4: Everyone should foster at least once in their life. You learn a lot about yourself and what your family is capable of.

Ali and I went to the Reba McIntyre concert last Friday. We had such a good time together.

Recommendation No. ?: Enjoy your kids at all stages because before you know it they are all grown up!!!!!!