About Us

My photo
A place for Chase's mission to Portland, Oregon to be written in history... his history at least.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kicking Butt and taking names

When I was in 5th grade, one memory that stands out quite vividly is when my mom decided that she wanted to go walking with some ladies from our neighborhood.  She didn't want to go alone so she invited me to go with them.  It was winter and I remember bundling up in all of my snow gear and then sweating profusely as we briskly walked with mom's new friends.  I only remember this one walk because I think that was all there was for mom.  I believe that shortly after that she was in the hospital for one of her many visits.  It is this memory that has triggered a desire for me to start working out.  The reason?  I don't want to be frail and scrawny as I get older. 

So, Rick and I decided to motivate each other (actually he is motivating me).  Last Wednesday we borrowed P90x from a good friend and allowed it to kick our butts.  Seriously.  But while we are getting our trash kicked, I have never felt better!  Maybe it's because as I now pick up anything that has any weight to it at all, I can look down and see a growing bicep!  Feels Great.  now if I can just get that back fat and belly flab kicked, all would be well.

3 comments:

mandy said...

Wow...regular blog posts? I'm impressed! Way to go with the P90X! Those are intense workouts for a home video. Good luck with the new goals. Here's to hoping you "find yourself.." :)

Jennae said...

So this is why they created blogs.....! I found your blog through Ali (thanks girl) and have been reading back quite a few posts. I am learning a lot about my old neighbor/friend that I looked up to so much (and still do)! Some of the things I have been reading I should have known years ago (your mom...so sorry!). So, now I am following your blog. The end.
My blog is sacksfavefive.blogspot.com....lets keep in better touch!

the holmans said...

Lisa i am also so proud, keep bloggin girl... although we are cousins and fav cousins to boot it is fun to see what is going on with you and yours, what back fat? please my little skinny cousin??? No really keep going it is so important to take care of our bodies... our mothers are not the best examples of this, and I want to show my kids how healthy active Mommies look!!! I have taken up tennis, And i am addicted to Yoga!!! take it up Lisa!!! It is an amazing work out and the CORE, is a killer part of YOGA!!!! Since my neck surgery I have Gone to the kinder gentler work outs, walking, tennis Yoga... its fun being 40