About Us

My photo
A place for Chase's mission to Portland, Oregon to be written in history... his history at least.

Friday, April 16, 2010

getting back to the basics

Last night I had about 1/2 hour to kill before I had to take Chase to soccer.  Looking around the house I thought to myself, "Hmm. . . house is clean enough, don't really want to start something new there.  Laundry is done enough.  Certainly not in the mood to go looking for clothes to wash.  Not enough time to try and start quilting the quilt (I'll discuss that on a later post).  Oh!  When is the last time you just sat down and played the piano like you used to?!"  so I did. 

Now I remember why I started, continued and loved piano lessons.  So the first step in "finding" the lost me, was getting back to one of the things I loved and playing because I love it.  Not because I had to practice a church choir song or prepare to play the organ in church.  But actually play music I love to play.  Good experience.  For anyone who may be reading this, Ali, please let me know what you loved to do when you were younger that you should probably not forget to do as you grow.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Oh Lisa I love love love to hear people playing the piano. I loved hearing my dad play the piano growing up... It always made me happy and still does!
I want to learn how some day.