About Us

My photo
A place for Chase's mission to Portland, Oregon to be written in history... his history at least.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Where in the world did I put myself?


Almost 22 years ago I was about ready to give up my "self" and become the "self-less" mom I have been since then. I haven't regretted a single day. There are actually days I would love to live over again just because they were so much fun.

There have also been embarrassing moments, as a mom, that i would rather forget about. Oh, like the time I was so mad at the 15 year old Ali (she will never let me live this down so I might as well put it out there for all to see) that I accidently called her a "little s_ _ t". I NEVER swear so this was a really big deal. Please don't think I'm a horrible mom. OR there was the really embarrassing time that I was standing in the kitchen, Ali (again about 15) was standing upstairs in the loft and I was looking at her, yelling about something as I proceeded to try and walk through the closed screen door to the deck. Obviously the argument of the moment was quickly forgotten as both of us dropped to our knees in laughter.

That being said, now that my children are all growing up without me, whether I want them to or not, I realize that I am finding myself where I think that many other women in the history of mommies find themselves at one point or another. Maybe some just arent brave enough to admit it.

I think I have lost myself. It's not a tragic event. Just one that will require some creativity and bravery on my part. So. . . . This is my quest and I will probably take you along with me and my journey to find Lisa Christine Hughes Evenson. All of those names mean something so special to me. I'll save that for another post. In the meantime, wish me luck. This should be nothing but fun!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

hehehe... maybe that's whats wrong with me? LOL

Ali and Dane said...

i can't wait momma! I will follow you, follow you where'er you may go!!! there issn't a mountain too steep ... but seriously you're an amazing writer and positive influence in my life. I love you

Ashley Thalman said...

Oh hurrah! I am loving these posts Lisa. So interesting...